Crossway has just launched the website for the new ESV Study Bible, the Bible is set to be released in October of 2008. Check it out here.
Features of this new edition include:
- 25,000 plus notes
- Over 40 color illustrations
- Over 200 full color maps
- 200 plus maps
- 80,000 cross-references
- Over 100 articles and introductions
More importantly, in my opinion, is the high quality with which Crossway has planned into the production.
- All editions will have a Smythe sewn binding
- Printed on high-opacity, high-quality paper. This means no bleed through!
- The text is in single column, 9pt. The notes are double column 7.25pt
- Full color maps and feature articles throughout.
The ESV Study Bible will be available in 8 editions. Hardcover, two TruTone, two bonded leather, two genuine leather and a calfskin. Thats right, a calfskin edition right out of the starting gates!
Although I recommend the use of a study Bible, I haven’t really used mine as of late(Reformation Study Bible, 1599 Geneva Bible.) From a cursory view of this edition, I look forward to owning one and making good use of it.